For a young couple from the UK and Germany with a demanding young business in Berlin we are looking for a native English speaking nanny to help look after two boys (2 years and 3,5 years) as part of a team comprised of a total of three Nannies who work on a shift schedule. Start daye asap - long term - 46 hours per week. Both boys attend daycare - the core daycare hours are from 9 am to 3 pm however if needed they can go as early as 8 am and stay as late as 5 pm. During the week, the shifts for the nannies start with the daycare pick ups, and end with daycare drop off the next morning at 9 am (meaning the nanny will stay overnight in the guest room). The three nannies split weekends and aim for overall 24h coverage both Saturday and Sundays. The shifts are organised in a rolling schedule so that one nanny covers two or three days in a row. Additional babysitters can help to ease shifts, for example on the weekend.
Nanny responsiblities include:
- Keep kids safe, happy and clean at all times. Develop and execute an educational schedule together with the other nannies, incl. things like swimming lessons, crafting and regular trips outside
- Maintain healthy diet for the kids. You don't have to be an amazing chef, but family do expect that you pay attention to ingredients.
- Changing diapers when required, potty training for the older one.
- Performing household chores such as groceriies, doing dishes and children's laundry. The cleaning of the apartment is looked after by other staff.
- Encouraging kids to assist with household chores, helping them with homework, and supervising them during play.
- Transporting and collecting children to and from play dates and extramural activities.
- Running errands as required.
- Performing other duties as required and agreed.
With the various demands of a youg business, the work schedule are often unpredictable and require longer travel. In order to minimise stress family therefore aim for 24/7 coverage every day to ensure stability for everyone (!) involved. Salary is negotiable based on experience. If required and wanted, a separate small apartment can be provided.
- Ref. Nr. 1044
- english-native speaker
- live-in or live-out